Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...

Every story has a beginning and mine is no exception.  Your story may be very similar.  And even if it’s not, you somehow ended up on this page and so I am thinking that no matter how you got here – you are on a journey of some sort as well.  So let me share my past with you and we can share our future together!

A little background for you – I’m 52 and I’ve been a single mother since 1999.  My daughter Sara is a junior in college in New Hampshire and I live in a small town in Connecticut.  I’ve worked in the accounting field for most of my working years, even though I have a degree as a paralegal.  Accounting has never been a passion; it’s just something I do.

My passions are social justice, progressive politics, travel, photography and genealogy.  My protestant faith is strong and even though I stopped going to church over a year ago, I hope to find a new church that shares my progressive views.  I want to work “actively” in my community to assist those in need.  I am particularly passionate about feeding the hungry, housing the homeless and taking care of our veterans.

So, anyway – when my daughter went off to college in the fall of 2011, I didn’t go thru the “empty nest syndrome”.  Instead, I embraced my new found freedom.  Being a mom had been my number one priority for so long that I was now ready to focus on myself.  And that’s okay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment