Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Now What?

Sometimes life sends change our way whether we want it or not.

I was laid off from my accounting job in August 2013.  I wasn’t really surprised as the writing had been on the wall for about six months.  And when I was really honest with myself, it was the best thing to happen to me.

I had been employed for the same company for seven years. I should have left after year five but you know how it is when things get comfortable.  I had a daughter just starting college, I needed the insurance, it was close to home, and I was afraid to start over.  But the thing is – I was bored to death!  There were no challenges anymore, I did the same thing every day, there was no chance for advancement and with everything happening in the US Government and financial industry, I just felt lucky to have a job.

So when I was let go, I wasn’t really disappointed.  As a matter of fact, I really felt like God kicked me thru the door I was afraid to walk thru.  That door had been open for two years and I just didn’t have the courage to take that first step.  Now I had no choice.  It was time for a new beginning.


2 comments:

  1. Valuable insight, awesome beginning...NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog. I have so much more to share. I hope you continue to follow me on my journey.

      Delete